Winter Preview: Boys’ Basketball

Senior Jake Coleman looks to guide the Lancers to another championship

When the preseason predictions from around the state come out, you can always expect the Londonderry Boys’ Basketball Team to be mentioned in that list of contenders. Expect no different this season.

After only graduating one senior from last years’ team, a wealth of more experienced talent will be returning to the hardwood for a run at the teams’ second title in three years.

Among those returning players is outstanding senior Jake Coleman. Coleman is an early favorite to win Player of the Year and is on his way to the 1000 career point milestone, which is a huge accomplishment. Coleman enters the season needing only 112 points to get to 1000.

Other important players include senior big man Brandon Radford, senior Cam MacDonald who can fire it from behind the arc, young sophomore Ethan May who is expected to get an increase in playing time this season, and Coleman’s running mate junior Cole Britting.

According to Britting, the teams’ work ethic is going to carry them this season.

“We are going to have to push each other in practice,” B e in top shape, and play fast and tough.” said Britting.

The boys open their season December 20, against Spaulding High School.