Senior volleyball player impresses in final season

Photo courtesy of Logan Agrella
Agrella (right center) celebrates with his teammates after winning a point.

Senior Logan Agrella, a Lancer volleyball player, is a very hardworking individual who is determined to make a difference on the volleyball court. He went from playing on the JV team during his junior year to being a captain on the varsity team as a senior.

“My goal was to make varsity every year that I played, but obviously that was not the case,” Agrella said. “That meant that I just had to work even harder.”

Throughout the season of any sport, there are many obstacles that a team may face and have to overcome.

“Volleyball doesn’t have many obstacles, but when we come across one or two, we always overcome them as a team and work hard to not run into the same ones later on down the season,” Agrella said.

Throughout the season, the team may face large deficits in matches, injuries, and missed opportunities during matches.

Along with obstacles during the season, Logan also talked about what his goals were for his senior year.

“My biggest goal is to win a state title, but that comes with a lot of work,” Agrella said. “On the smaller side, I want to become an all state player on a winning team. That has always been a big goal of mine.”

Things are looking strong for the Lancer volleyball squad this season.

The most important thing for athletes is how they prepare for games during the season, whether it’s listening to loud music or sitting in complete silence by yourself. Every player is different.

As for Logan, music is just what he needs to get settled in just before a game.

“Music is one of those things that gets you pumped up,” Agrella said. “Regardless of what kind of music you like, there is always one song that puts you in the right mindset.”

Along with preparation during pre-game, there are also the practices that help get athletes ready for upcoming games. Like any sport, volleyball practices get you better prepared than anything.

“Daily practices are fun,” Agrella said. “We do a lot to prepare for the match that we have that week, so practices are usually pretty serious. We still manage to have some fun though.”

While volleyball may seem like a boring sport, there is a lot more to it that doesn’t meet the eye.

“Volleyball requires a lot of smarts because there are so many possibilities for random things to happen,” Agrella said. “You have to know how to react.”

With the first game fast approaching, Agrella is determined to lead his time to victory and continue to do so throughout this spring season.