Jill Spencer predicts the NHL Finals

Washington advanced to its first Stanley Cup Final in 20 years following a 4-0 win against Tampa Bay in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final. They will be squaring off against the Golden Knights who advanced to the Stanley Cup Final in their inaugural season.

Conference Finals matchups-

Eastern Conference:
Tampa Bay Lighting (Atlantic div. no. 1) vs. Washington Capitals (Metropolitan div. no.1)
Game 1: Capitals 4, Lightning 2
Game 2: Capitals 6, Lightning 2
Game 3: Lightning 4, Capitals 2
Game 4: Lightning 4, Capitals 2
Game 5: Lightning 3, Capitals 2
Game 6: Capitals 3, Lightning 0
Game 7: Capitals 4, Lightning 0

Western Conference:
Winnipeg Jets (Central div. no. 2) vs. Vegas Golden Knights (Pacific div. no. 1)
Game 1: Jets 4, Knights 2
Game 2: Knights 3, Jets 1
Game 3: Knights 4, Jets 2
Game 4: Knights 3, Jets 2
Game 5: Knights 2, Jets 1

The Vegas Golden Knights first year as the 31st NHL franchise is one to remember. Number one in the Pacific Division and Western Conference champions, this is a season the Knights and their fans won’t soon forget.

The Knights now face off against the Capitals in the Stanley Cup Championship and currently lead them 1-0 in the series.

The Capitals have been having their best run at the cup since their lone cup final appearance in 1998. That was also the last time before this year that they made it past the second round.

Vegas is a new franchise and if I hadn’t been following them all year I would say that their lack of experience on the ice together as a team would be their downfall in this series. Clearly, that is not the case. While the Capitals have their superstars like Ovi and Oshie, and the experience under their belts as a team, the Knights have held their own throughout their first campaign.

I don’t see them choking after they have come this far. They are a young competitive group and seem to have worked out all their kinks early on in the season, making for a close to perfect playoff run.

My money is on the Knights to raise the cup at the end of the series.