Jump into summer with this essential Hip-Hop playlist

Darrian Barker, Reporter

Summer 2018 Playlist

If you’re looking for a playlist to bump to all summer, you’ve come to the right place. This playlist on Spotify has 100 hot hip/hop songs to make anyone’s summer LIT.   Below are reviews of the some of the hottest songs on the list.

NOTE: The following playlist has some explicit songs included. 

Gods Plan – Drake

This song screams summertime. Before you think it’s another hit song check out the music video and it will change your mind. Drake never ceases to impress with his trademark style in his rap especially in God’s Plan which features another single on the EP Scary Hours.

Plug Walk – Rich The Kid

AKA the song of the summer. Anyone who is someone knows this song and knows Rich The Kid is making it big now. Definitely a song that will get stuck in your head but not in a bad way. Plug Walk will get you up and dancing in a matter of seconds. Featured on Rich The Kid’s first debut studio album the World Is Yours.

ATM – J. Cole

Cole drops bar after bar on this raw track that highlights Cole’s addiction to money, from his new album KOD. This track gets you addicted to Cole, having you asking for more. When J. Cole says “will I fall or will I fly? Cross my heart and hope to die…” You know Cole put his heart into this song and album. This whole track feels like a narrative of Cole’s life, you feel in tune with what he’s spitting. Definitely a masterpiece.

Spoil My Night – Post Malone, Swae Lee

One of the best songs on the new BeerBongs and Bentleys album. Post Malone never disappoints especially here. Swae Lee from Rae Sremmurd features here and pairs perfectly with Post. Rae Sremmurd recently released a new album SR3MM. With Swae Lee and Slim Jimi trying to get exposure beyond their one hit wonders they impress for days on this track with Post and on their newest debut album.

Essketit – Lil Pump

Just when we thought Lil Pump was going to fall off the face of the earth, he comes back again with a catchy track that gets everyone turnt. It might be annoying after a while but you find yourself listening to this song again and again because it’s definitely a party song. Pump’s ready for summer–“Let’s get it!”

Ric Flair Drip (& Metro Boomin) – Offset, Metro Boomin

No matter how old this song gets it will always be in my top 100. This track’s heavy bass can stand alone but paired with lyrics packs a punch.  Anything that features Offset you know is going to go hard. Make sure to watch the music video to this song as it features Ric Flair, the man this song pays homage to, who is a professional WWE wrestler.

A$AP Forever – A$AP Rocky, Moby

After a long anticipated return from his hiatus, Rocky drops a fresh track to show he’s back before the release of his new album Testing. This shows Rocky’s talent in the rap industry without being raunchy. This slow song that packs heat displays every edge of Rocky’s talent throughout the years. On Testing, “A$AP Forever” features Kid Cudi and T.I. But on the single, it just features Moby, so be sure to take a listen to both versions.  Don’t forget to check out the trippy music video.

Wish – Diplo, Trippie Redd

This new jam “Wish” focuses on one of Redd’s prior relationships and the emotional tolls that came with it. Although it seems like an upbeat song, he mentions Kurt Cobain, the former lead singer of Nirvana who took his own life. Trippie Redd works amazing with Diplo on the track and video and creates a catchy break up song, that leaves everyone in awe.

Nice For What – Drake

You can’t put together a hits playlist and not include the number 1 song in the world. Simple as that. This track gives an original vibe. Drake knows what he’s doing in this piece throughout the song, Drake speaks about female empowerment in the digital age. Definitely not the same Drake from Degrassi but he started from the bottom and hes here to show everyone whats up. 

Shoota – Playboycarti feat. Lil Uzi Vert

“Now is my time” Uzi calls shots. ”If you’re an Uzi fan this song is for you. This is Carti’s song but Uzi takes over and grabs the wheel here. Sorry Carti… nuff said.