NFL weekly picks: Week Six

Week Five saw some heavy favorites, such as Green Bay and Denver, get upset by sup-par teams. Here is how we stack up with our predictions heading into Week Six:

And here are our picks for the week:

Game of the week: Chiefs vs. Patriots stands out amongst the other poorer matchups of Week Six, like the snooze fest of Bills vs. Texans. This game has huge first round bye and home field implications. It is essentially a must win for the Patriots if they want a chance at it home field advantage, otherwise they will fall too far behind the undefeated Chiefs. The Chiefs offense have been electric so far this year. Patrick Mahomes is still lighting up the league, and even managed to beat the Jaguars stifling pass rush last Sunday. The likes of Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce will be a tough matchup for Patriots defense still trying to find its form. Eric Ebron put up numbers last week against the Patriots, so Travis Kelce may also have a big day. On the defensive side of the ball, the Chiefs came up big against the Jags, forcing lots of turnovers from Blake Bortles. Putting a similar performance against the Patriots and Tom Brady will be much more difficult, although Brady has six picks through week 5 (even though a few of them were clearly not his fault). The Chiefs weak pass defense could be lit up by Brady’s passing attack Sunday night. The Patriots defense’s fate falls at the hands of Patrick Mahomes. This game could easily turn into a shootout. It’ll come down to a few big plays by the defenses in the end. As Patriots fans it hurts to say this, but we think the Chiefs end up coming out of Foxboro with a win, they’re just too hot right now.

Player of the week: Our player of the week is Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes has been on a tear to start this year and we expect him to keep it up against a Patriots defense that can be weak against the pass when their edge rushers can’t get into a QB’s face. The Chiefs offense is very potent with lots of weapons all over the field. We believe Mahomes, who has one of the strongest arms in the game, to air it out frequently for huge gains and lots of scoring drives through the duration of the game.

Bust of the week: Our bust player is Eli Manning. Eli has not been able to throw a pass over 20 yards with consistency this year. This was shown when OBJ had the best pass of the year for a Giants player, and he is their wide receiver. We do not think Eli will play well this week against an underrated Eagles secondary that is poised for a breakout game.

Sleeper of the week: Our sleeper of the week is Stephon Diggs. He has hands like glue and he’s playing a weak Cardinals secondary. He most likely catch around seven passes and tally around 100 yards. He has been a threat in the red zone as of late, so watch out for  number 14 this week.