Mr.+Musekiwa

Photo by Mr. Musekiwa

Mr. Musekiwa

Although this year is not shaping up to be a normal one, Londonderry High School is pleased to welcome Tafadzwa Musekiwa to Lancer Nation as House One’s new guidance counselor.

This is Musekiwa’s first year as an official school counselor. He interned at Nashua High School, Pennichuck Middle School, and Southside Middle School before interning at Londonderry High School and making the decision to work here.

“I chose this school because it felt like a place I could grow with,” Musekiwa said. “It also has a culture of problem solving which made me want to be part of this environment. From the day I walked in I knew I wanted to work at this school.”

Musekiwa hopes to learn as much as possible about all things LHS, especially the people he will be working alongside. 

“I’m excited to learn,” Musekiwa said. “I love to learn and this first year for me will be a year full of learning; learning about my students, parents, colleagues, X2, all learning all the time.”

As the year progresses, Musekiwa hopes to become a positive resource to his students and do as much networking as possible to provide them with connections to small businesses, trade schools, colleges, and mental health resources.

“As a school counselor we wear many hats and I want to have a solution for my students,” Musekiwa said. “This will happen by putting myself out there, joining clubs, webinars, and finding a way to connect with people in these roles.”

Although this school year is largely uncharted in terms of safety and health concerns with the pandemic, Musekiwa remains optimistic about staying connected with his students and having an open-door policy despite the limitations of remote learning.

“This year in general will be unique, I hope that although it is not the normal students, they will still enjoy their time here,” Musekiwa said. “I hope that each student can get to know me and I can get to know something about each one of my students.”

Outside of his professional life, Musekiwa enjoys sports, travel, food, and more travel.

Musekiwa hopes to create an open and welcoming environment, and in doing so, hopes to create a dynamic where no student feels left behind.

“I will always have your back and be the person who will encourage you and try and find a solution for you,” Musekiwa said. “If we have one, two, three, or four years here together know that my door is always open for you. However, if it is a Sunday from now until February it is a Football Sunday and I am practicing self care.”

Lancer Spirit Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in