Londonderry Veterans to be honored at annual Veterans’ Breakfast

Photo courtesy of Ms. Sullivan
A total of 69 Londonderry veterans gathered at last year’s Veterans’ Breakfast. Each year groups of LHS students create baskets for the veterans to take home. Ms. Sullivan, coordinator of the event, hopes this year they will have enough baskets to give to every veteran who attends the breakfast on Nov. 7.

LHS will honor those who served the country at the annual Veterans Breakfast on Nov. 7.  The event allows the town of Londonderry to thank veterans in the form of breakfast, gift baskets, and conversation.

Ms. Sullivan, assistant principal and chairwoman of the event, said that participating in the annual breakfast is important to show veterans that they have not been forgotten.

“Little things like giving a gift basket mean the world to them,” Sullivan said. “It shows that people still care about them and what they did for our country.”

On the morning of the event veterans will be served a free breakfast by LHS staff and students and will be presented with gift baskets donated by the Londonderry community. Every basket has a theme and contains a personal hand written note thanking the veteran.

“The veterans are overwhelmed when they were given the baskets,” Sullivan said. “They are amazed that people spent the time and money to create gift baskets for them.”

Last year’s breakfast had 69 veterans in attendance. Of the 69 who went only 49 were able to take home baskets. The goal for this year is to make sure every veteran goes home with a gift basket and thank you note.