Special+Programs

Special Programs

For a full list of special program classes available to LHS students, please click here to get to the course catalog.

Early College

Teacher: Mr. Smith

NOTE: First Semester students take CP Exploring the Art of Teaching (FEA)

Second Semester students take CP Practicing the Art of Teaching, which is a part of Project Running Start with MCC.

Little Lancer

Course Description: So you think you have what it takes to teach? These two courses open to juniors and seniors promises an extensive exploration of the teaching profession.  You will have the opportunity to complete various career activities, including classroom observations, and create your own classroom lessons!

In addition to learning the ins and outs of education, you will have the chance for valuable hands-on experience by teaching your own lesson to a group of actual students and by creating activities and games for Little Lancer Day!

Independent Study

Students interested in study extending beyond the scope of the curriculum in a creative or academic area may apply. Responsibility for planning, researching, executing, and evaluating each individualized program belongs to the student. Faculty consultants are available to assist students. Appropriate credit will be given at the completion of the project. Application for Independent Study should be completed in the House office.

School Store Aide

Students currently enrolled in Marketing may apply to work in the school store during their assigned lunch/study period. Grading will be on a pass/fail basis. Application should be made to the teacher involved.

Junior College Seminar

Junior College Seminar is designed to meet the needs of any student investigating post-secondary educational opportunities. The course increases awareness of all the college options available after high school and gives students a clear path to what’s next in their lives.

Senior College Seminar

Senior College Seminar is designed to meet the needs of any student investigating post-secondary educational opportunities.  The course increases awareness of all the college options available after high school and gives students a clear path to what’s next in their lives.

Senior Project

The Senior Project allows students the opportunity to pursue a topic or idea of their choice with the guidance of a mentor along the way. The Senior Project provides students the ability to

embody our mission statement as they truly function as a self-directed learner. This project will offer students a personalized learning experience showcasing talents and skills that the student has developed at Londonderry High School. Students will be able to focus on a passion that they have and/or a question that they are looking to explore and discover the answer to. The Senior Project is a full year 1 credit pass/fail course.

Lancer Spirit Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in