Photo courtesy of Jaclyn Hoffman

“I hope that my students will walk away from this class feeling like they learned something valuable, even if they hate English,” Hoffman said.

Jaclyn Hoffman, English

The English Department, and the Londonderry High School community is excited to welcome Ms. Jaclyn Hoffman as an English teacher. Hoffman is an LHS alumni excited to be in the classroom with her students and about starting a new journey here at LHS.

Hoffman has taught at LHS before as a long term substitute, but this is her first full time teaching position. In the past years she has obtained her undergraduate degree in English from Columbia University and her masters degree in Education from Boston College. Hoffman has high hopes for this school year and her time here at LHS.

“I am excited to have my own classes for the first time and be able to conceive my own curriculum throughout the year. It’s been so great being able to be in person and in the classroom,” Hoffman said. 

Along with teaching CP English 9, Literature and Composition 9, and CP Writing Workshop Hoffman will also begin teaching Adult Education. Hoffman pushes herself to find new ways for her students to enjoy English. Hoffman’s goal is to encourage students to read more books that they enjoy.

“I’ve been trying to read a book a week,” Hoffman said. “I’m really determined to help students find a book that they like.” 

Hoffman has been reading young adult novels and has been sharing a new book with her classes to spark interest in reading so every student can find a book that they truly enjoy reading. 

Hoffman values honesty and communication in her classroom. She is a strong believer in self advocating and communicating with her students. 

“Being honest with ourselves about our needs whether it be about taking a break for mental health or needing getting extra help on an assignment is extremely important,” Hoffman said. 

“Traveling is one of my favorite things to do, I could spend all of my money on traveling,” Hoffman said. (Photo courtesy of Jaclyn Hoffman )

Along with her love for English and reading, Hoffman is an avid traveler. She loves to see the world and learn about different cultures. Hoffman has collected the novel Pride and Prejudice from every country that she has visited. 

“Traveling is one of my favorite things to do, I could spend all of my money on traveling,” Hoffman said. 

Hoffman is thrilled to share her love for English with her students and become a part of the LHS community as a teacher. 

“I really want my students to read and explore new worlds and experiences,” Hoffman said.

Lancer Spirit Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in