Photo courtesy of Lauren Harrison

“I want them to know they can talk to me,” Harrison said.

Lauren Harrison, Science

“I want them to know they can talk to me,” Harrison said. (Photo courtesy of Lauren Harrison )

This school year Londonderry High School welcomes a new science teacher, Ms. Harrison. 

Although this is Harrison’s first year at Londonderry, she’s taught for a few years at other schools.

“I taught at Kearsarge Regional High School, and it was a school of 7 towns,” Harrison said. There was a body of about 500 kids.

Harrison used to live in Hanover which is up by Dartmouth College, but moved closer for the commute.

There were some teachers that also worked at Kearsarge who were familiar with LHS, and always had good things to say.” 

She hopes to bring a new style of learning, ways to make it more interactive with students.

“We have a lot of experienced teachers who have been here for a long time, and are great, but I’m new to teaching and I think the ways we do things is a little different. I just think bringing some new ideas and new activities is a big one,” Harrison said. 

Harrison also hopes to make her classroom a safe space for students to learn, and grow as individuals. She wants students to feel “comfortable and welcomed.”

“So many kids just think they’re dumb or not smart, but it’s not something you are, it’s something you become. Just keep a positive mindset and keep trying,” Harrison said, “I want my kids to know I’m always there for them.”

She also wants students to feel like they can always reach out if there’s ever something wrong.

“I dealt with depression and anxiety as a kid, and although it’s not something I always talk about, I want them to know they can talk to me,” Harrison said.

Lancer Spirit Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in