Photo by Juliana Hamel

Math Teacher Mrs. Viel

Math Teacher Mrs. Viel

Question: Is this your first year teaching or did you teach somewhere else before?

Answer: “I taught in Windham, Maine for ten years. I taught math, I taught everything from Pre-Algebra all the way through AP Stats. I also taught in Katy, Texas. I taught Algebra and Statistics for two years.”

Question: Where are you from?

Answer: “I was born in New Hampshire, in Keene, but most of my life I’ve lived in Maine.”

Question: What were your first impressions of LHS?

Answer: “Everybody is very welcoming, very kind. It’s funny, it’s very similar to other high schools. It’s not that much different than Windham or Texas.”

Question: What are some of your goals while teaching at LHS?

Answer: “For me, my biggest goal is to help students change their mind about math. That math isn’t a terrible thing. That math can be fun and it is useful. That’s always my goal, I want kinds to enjoy coming to math class and not be scared or freaked out by it.”

Question: Tell me a little about your family.

Answer: “I have two sons, one is 28 and one is 25. The one who is 28 lives in Keene, the 25-year-old lives in Gorham, Maine. I spend a lot of time with them whenever I can. My husband and I live in Bedford. We have two dogs, we have a five-year-old Golden Retriever named Henry, who’s awesome. We also have a 12-year-old Bichon Poodle named Sophie. We spend a lot of time walking them.”

Lancer Spirit Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in