Procrastinating teachers surprise students with last minute X2 updates

At the end of every quarter, teachers pull some tricks out of their sleeves and change your grade from an A to a C with just a few clicks.

They can magically change your grades by delaying putting in big assignments until the last possible day, which can change your quarter average drastically.

X2 is a great way for students to know exactly what their averages are and to stay on track with their school work. It’s helpful for us to know if we need to work harder.

There’s even the diligent students that will crunch numbers and figure out exactly what grade they need on their upcoming test to maintain that A average.

When teachers don’t enter in grades until the last day of the quarter, it’s especially aggravating for these students. You check X2 and think you’re all set and have a steady grade that you want, only to look deeper into the assignments, and realize that huge paper, lab report, or test isn’t included. These harder assignments are usually worth the greatest amount of points and thus affect your grade the most.

Teachers do have a lot on their plate, with several classes’ worth of work to grade, but students’ stress is soaring through the roof as well. We try to balance all of our classes’ grades, which makes it extra frustrating when we don’t know exactly where we stand.

The ultimate goal in school is to try your hardest in all of your classes, but students do also need to prioritize. Sometimes, you have to make the decision to spend more time studying for one subject rather than another.

If you have a stellar grade in math, then you might choose to spend less time studying for your upcoming math test, and to divert your time and energy to the upcoming biology test, which you know you need to get a 95 on to keep the average you want.

But it’s difficult to prioritize the right subjects when you have no clue what your actual grades are. There’s no way teachers can possibly update X2 the minute they finish grading every single assignment, but waiting until the very end of the quarter is hurting the students immensely.

The last week of the quarter is stressful enough with an overabundant workload, but when students see their grades plummet down the last day, when it’s already too late, they lose all hope of success.

If teachers keep  X2 updated, and don’t procrastinate putting grades in, then students would be much more aware of their academics and won’t be having meltdowns when their grades take a drastic change the last day of the quarter.