Katie

Christopher Mazzone, House 2 Assistant Principal

This year we welcome our new students and teachers back to LHS, some of us come back to familiar faces whereas others, like new assistant principal Christopher Mazzone, come back to knowing nobody, but Mazzone makes it his goal to familiarize himself with the community.

“My goal is to get to know every student and administrator on a first name basis, relationships are key to success,” Mazzone said.

Prior to working for LHS, Mazzone worked for Founders Academy in Manchester as an assistant principal. Mazzone has been working as an assistant principal for 10 years and continues to carry this career out.

“One of the biggest reasons I became an assistant principal is because of my passion for helping kids,” Mazzone said. 

Mazzone used to specialize in working with kids who learn non-traditionally at a school in Exeter, where he first began his career in a school environment. 

“Because of the skills I learned working with this group of kids I figured I could take this knowledge and help the entire school out instead of a small portion,” Mazzone said.

Mazzone is extremely passionate about helping kids through school and the struggles they face on a daily basis, which makes him different from a lot of teachers.

“Between what I’ve learned through my career and my own personal life experiences, I have what it takes to understand kids differently,” Mazzone said.

Mazzone believes in helping kids through life and the struggles it throws upon them, rather than doing the bare minimum and working only to reinforce rules and make sure the school is running properly.

“I’m not here to keep kids in check, I’m here to help kids learn and grow, there is opportunity to grow in every experience and I want to help kids learn to own up to their mistakes and try harder, not just discipline them,” Mazzone said.

After Mazzone left his old school and searched for a new job, he came across Londonderry High and after more research decided it was the perfect fit for him.

“Londonderry has an amazing reputation and the more I dug into it the more I wanted to be a part of the community,” Mazzone said.

When Mazzone walks into the school building for work every morning, he comes to help bring the community even closer and help everyone succeed.

“I don’t see kids as groups, cliques or numbers when I come to school everyday,” Mazzone said. “We’re all different and that’s good, that’s okay, but at the end of the day we’re all lancers.”

Mazzone makes it his goal to personally get to know the community and bring everyone closer together to create the best environment possible this year.

“I take what I do very seriously, but I don’t take myself very seriously,” said Mazzone. “Stop by and say hello to me in House 2, talk to me, let me know how your day is or even how your pets are, establishing a relationship with everyone in this community is very important to me.” 

Lancer Spirit Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in