PSAT scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 12

The PSAT administered by the College Board will take place on Wednesday, September 12, 2022.
Photo by Alisha Khalil

PSAT day is approaching fast. The test is scheduled for Wednesday, October 12. The test will begin at 7:30 a.m. and is expected to end by 11:30 a.m.

Each student taking the PSATs is assigned to a specific classroom for the day of the test. That information can be found in the main lobby, specifically on the wall closest to the cafeteria doors.

Students taking PSATs should bring #2 pencils (not mechanical), an eraser, and an approved calculator. Try your best on the test. Those who score high could become national merit semi-finalists/finalists and even receive scholarships. Good luck to anyone taking the test!

Seniors do not have to take the PSATs and are therefore given a day off of school to focus on college and career goals. 

Seniors applying Early Decision or Early Action to a college(s) should take advantage of this day by doing some of the following: 

• Visit the “Apply” tab of each college you’re interested in to see which application you need to send for that college. (Most institutions use common app)
  • Write/finish your personal statement.
  • Work on supplemental essays and resume
  • Fill out the FAFSA and CSS profile (with your parents).
  •   Go on a college tour.

Use this day to be productive and check some items off of your lengthy college-to-do list.