Celebrate your surroundings this Earth Day

Photo by Savannah Tutt

Happy Earth Day!

Let Earth Day remind you to take a walk on the wild side. Vast green rainforests to the mysterious depths of the sea to unbounded miles of desert; Planet Earth, amongst our otherwise lifeless universe, is the home to countless intelligent and thriving forms of life.

It is not only helpful to the well-being of our native surroundings to appreciate and care for the environment, but it is also beneficial to ourselves, both physically and mentally.

So explore those woods behind your house, plant some flowers or even a tree, take a moment, unconnected, to appreciate the natural beauty around you… and do your part to save the bees!

I spent my Earth Day exploring the Big Apple, and I’m not talking about New York. Londonderry has a lot of beauty to offer, sometimes you just have to venture off the common path to find it.

Photos by Malissa Christie

The Adams Pond Trail is a beautiful hidden luxury and is my favorite place in town to escape to whenever I need a little peace and quiet
The Adams Pond Trail is a beautiful hidden luxury and is my favorite place in town to escape to whenever I need a little peace and quiet.

earthday2

ed10

ed13

Help save the bees by building bee baths so that they can safely drink fresh water in between pollinating. To do this, add some stones or marbles to to a bowl and pour water over them, leaving the tops exposed so that bees have somewhere to perch. To find out more about the importance of bees and what you can do, check out this month's edition of the Lancer Spirit Newsmagazine.
Help save the bees by building bee baths so that bees can safely drink fresh water in between pollinating. To do this, add some stones or marbles to to a bowl and pour water over them, leaving the tops exposed. To find out more about the importance of bees and what you can do, check out this month’s edition of the Lancer Spirit Newsmagazine.