Football Athlete of the Month: Adam Wilkinson

Michaela Smith
Junior Adam Wilkinson lines up for a play during the Mack Plaque game. Wilkinson finished the game with two catches for 18 yards.

A team looks for their players to show constant production throughout the year, and the football team has found this player in junior Adam Wilkinson.

“Adam has been a very consistent player for us this year,” coach Lauzon said. “Every game so far, we have seen the same, top level production from him.”

Right from the beginning of the season, Wilkinson has been a huge factor for the Lancers, both offensively and defensively. In his role as wide receiver, he hauled in eight catches for 68 yards in the season opener against Goffstown, including a TD, and also had three catches for 31 yards and TD in the game against Central.

“With some of the regular starters out with injuries, it has given some other kids an increased playing time,” Lauzon said. “And Adam has stepped up and played a big role for the team.”

Due to some of these injuries, Wilkinson has seen his more time on the field on the defensive side. Positioned in the secondary, Wilkinson played a huge role in the team’s recent win against Concord, getting three tackles and two interceptions.

“Some of the younger kids have stepped up in a big way in our games,” senior quarterback Jake Stevens said. “And Adam is definitely one of those kids.”