An iconic day among millenials

October 3, an iconic day that so many people love to talk about. And we owe thanks to none other than Tina Fey.

In the popular teen movie Mean Girls, main character Cady Heron, who had just started the North Shore school system, attempted to talk to her crush, and though it didn’t go as planned, she still cherished every conversation they had. One prime example of these conversations: “‘On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was.’ ‘It’s October 3rd.’ ”

Mean Girls is a a totally “gruel” movie, and although it doesn’t cover what high school’s like exactly, it can offer some good laughs and funny moments. Cady goes “undercover” with the popular girls: Gretchen, Karen, and of course, Regina George. Cady goes through a huge change throughout the movie, and her close friends, Damien and Janice, notice it the most.

What started out as a joke and an “in” to the popular crowd ended up hurting Cady, and sticking her with a group that was worshipped by her new school.

If you’re looking for a movie that provides comedic relief and some of the most iconic movie scenes of all time, I suggest watching Mean Girls.