House 4 welcomes new secretary

New+House+4+secretary+Mrs.+Brown+says+she+is+excited+about+her+new+position+at+LHS.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

House 4 welcomes new secretary

New House 4 secretary Mrs. Brown says she is excited about her new position at LHS.

Photo by Marissa McKay

Photo by Marissa McKay

Photo by Marissa McKay

Marissa McKay, Features Editor

From signing dismissal notes to helping with attendance, Mrs. Brown has a lot on her plate in her new position as House 4 Secretary.

Before she got this new job, Brown was a secretary for a company, a stay at home mom for her two sons, both of whom also worked for The Lancer Spirit in high school, and then came to work in the school district.

“I got into the school system because of my boys, Matt and Eric,” Brown said. “I wanted to have a schedule so I could be home with them on snow days and school vacations. I started at the elementary school and then worked my way up to here. At first, it was because it was a good schedule for them, and then I just fell in love with working in the school, so I decided to stay here and continue working.”

Brown’s first day on Nov. 15 as secretary was a big change from the four years she spent working in a special education room at LHS. She had to become comfortable with a lot of new things, like the attendance system, which is a main part of her job.

“[The first day] was a little bit crazy, but everyone was really helpful, so I felt very comfortable transitioning and coming down into this position,” Brown said.

Though the past couple of weeks have been hectic, she enjoys her responsibilities and the environment.

“I love it,” Brown said. “It’s very fun. The students are great and everybody here in House 4 has been really helpful, making me feel comfortable and answering any questions. I just love being in an office, where I can keep everything in order and be organized. That’s kind of my thing, I love to do that, so I’m very happy here.”

Brown has had several different jobs throughout her career, but now she wants to stay in this position permanently.

“I’m going to be here for as long as they’ll have me,” Brown said. “I have no intention of going anywhere anytime soon.”

For now, she is working hard on trying to get to know all of the many students that she sees and helps in House 4.

“I’m still getting to know names and faces, and I’m trying to put everything together,” Brown said. “That’s one of my biggest goals, because it would help a lot. I want to know the students when they walk in and address them, or if they hand me a note I can at least say ‘thank you so-and-so’.”

Brown also intends to improve the flow of the house and make it as enjoyable as possible.

“Overall, I just want to help this house function as a fun environment and a great place to work,” Brown said.

1 Comment

One Response to “House 4 welcomes new secretary”

1. Anne Bartlett on January 3rd, 2019 4:31 am

Congratulations Mrs. Brown! So glad you are in House 4. You will be a great addition!
    Take care!

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

LHS remembers angel Becca Tenney

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

Math Team starts season off strong

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

Lancer Nation shares what they’re thankful for

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

Model UN develops real world skills

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

Mackenzie Conner excels in LHS robotics

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

LSO News Series: New efforts to greet freshmen underway

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

Londonderry losing a good one: Matt Case on to new beginnings

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

LHS drama club haunts the woods

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

Students, teachers celebrate their moms for Mother’s Day

• House 4 welcomes new secretary

FEATURES

Podcast Club: Headphones on. Mic up. Voice heard.

House 4 welcomes new secretary