Granite State Respect Week starts Feb. 11

Students will see orange posters throughout LHS during the week of Feb. 11-15 to promote Granite State Respect Week, which is

Photo by Mrs. Lafore

Students will see orange posters throughout LHS during the week of Feb. 11-15 to promote Granite State Respect Week, which is "a teen-centered campaign that takes place in high schools across New Hampshire during Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month," according to the Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence.

Next week from Feb. 11-15, LHS will be participating in the Granite State Respect Week to raise awareness of violence in teenage relationships.

There will be posters up on the walls and a variety of classroom and school-wide activities will take place to spread the word about these dangers.

Please wear orange and jeans on Friday, Feb. 15 to promote respect in the school. Orange ribbons will also be available for you to wear.

Questions? See Health & PE Teachers Holly Lafore and Nichole Treadway or School-to-Community Counselor Katie Clark.

Photos by Mrs. Lafore
Freshmen students work together to create posters to hang up during Granite State Respect Week. Health & PE Teachers Holly Lafore and Nichole Treadway School-to-Community Counselor Katie Clark planned this week to help raise awareness of violence in teenage relationships.