Oreo peanut butter truffle recipe, Oreos are not just for dunking

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a48823/oreo-truffles-recipe/

Oreo peanut butter truffles

Ingredients:

1 package oreos (14 oz)

4 oz. Cream cheese

½ cup of peanut butter

1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

2 cups white chocolate chips, melted

½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips, melted

Directions:

1. Crush all oreos from the package into a large mixing bowl, can use food processor
  2. (Optional) scoop out and set aside two tablespoons of crushed oreos to sprinkle atop the final product
  3. Add cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla extract to large mixing bowl, stir until evenly combined, either with mixing spoon or beater.
  4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make the mixture into small balls and place them on the baking sheet, freeze for 30 minutes after.
  5. Melt both types of chocolates into two seperate sauce pans
  6. When melted dunk the frozen balls in melted white chocolate and return them to the baking sheet, after drizzle them with milk chocolate
  7. (Optional) sprinkle atop the two tablespoons of set aside crushed oreos
  8. Return the balls to the freezer until the chocolate hardens

I began the great experiment by getting all the ingredients together since I’ve never been very much of a culinary expert.

The recipe calls for crushing the oreos so I began trying to crush them with my hands but I realized that was too messy and inefficient so I switched to a food processor to get it done quickly.

After mixing all the ingredients together this is about the consistency I found worked great, it looked and felt almost like cookie dough.

I placed the individual balls onto a large plate instead of a baking sheet, but to aid in creating the right sized balls I used a regular spoon full and used my hands to mold.

If you put the balls next to frozen spinach it cools twice as quickly.

While the balls freeze separate the two chocolates into two containers for melting.

Melt the chocolate till it’s completely liquid.

Dunk the frozen balls into white chocolate and place them back onto the parchment paper. I used a cup filled with chocolate at first but found it was easier to just dunk them in the pot of chocolate.

If you set aside crushed oreo you may want to put them on now so the drizzled chocolate is on top but it’s up to the creator

Drizzle the chocolate on next, hopefully it looks better than mine did.

Let those dawgs freeze one last time for 15 mins, trust me it’s worth it to wait.

Don’t forget to take an artsy picture before you eat them all.

Experience: The most important opening to a culinary project such as this is making sure you got a friend with you to help you make it and try it out after. It’s also important they keep you company because this recipe can get tedious and boring. The instructions for the recipe are very simple and rather effortless to accomplish unless one doesn’t have a food processor or mixing beater, in which case the crushing the oreos and stirring the ingredients will get very tedious very quickly. If one doesn’t have these tools I recommend using your hands to stir and crush the oreos, just make sure you wash them well before and after. After the ingredients are combined, it’s smooth sailing from there as the only steps left are shaping the balls, freezing them, and coating in your favorite chocolate. This is the point where you’ll want a friend because the total time waiting for them to freeze is about an hour and you won’t want to just sit around watching the timer. To add to that, the dunking process may get messy so it’s always easy to stick the cleaning on your friend! Once the wait is over and it’s all said and done, these treats, even if not visually appealing, certainly taste heavenly. “If your dishwasher hadn’t broke it would’ve been so much quicker and taste just as good,” said Winston Chilson, the friend I had make them with me. His smile quickly turned around after I told him the dishwasher never really broke.