Vibe check! Your guide to leading a vibealicious life.

Its+time+to+join+the+Vibe+Tribe.+After+all%2C+if+youre+not+vibing%2C+then+what+ARE+you+doing%3F+
Art by Hailey Mosher
It’s time to join the Vibe Tribe. After all, if you’re not vibing, then what ARE you doing?

Today, we’re here to answer the age-old question, “How does one truly vibe?” 

A question that’s been asked for centuries, if not milleniums. Before we dive into this process, it’s important to know what a vibe is and what a vibe isn’t

A vibe is your energy, your aura, the way your presence affects a room. What a vibe is not is the negative attitudes that are so unfortunately spread about the world, taking the joy out of the people that are truly vibing. So, the question is… are you vibing? 

Step one: Assess your vibe 

Take a good, hard look in the mirror. What do you see? What is your vibe? What vibes do you bring to the table? Do you like those vibes? These questions are all crucial to assessing your overall vibe. 

Maybe you don’t completely know the answers to these questions yet, but then again, that’s why we’re here. 

Figure out what you present when you walk into a room. How does the energy change? Moving forward, what vibe do you want to have? How do you want others to view your energy?

Jot down your answers to these questions in a journal or just on a piece of paper. That way, you can add to your answers or change them as you go through this process.

Step two: Assess the vibes around you 

Ever heard of guilt by association? That’s you…right now. If the people around you reek of bad energy, how do you expect to combat that? With your “infectious good vibe”? Unh uh. 

We all want to be a hero but at the end of the day, your vibes are undeniably tainted by those around you. But this doesn’t have to be a bad thing. 

Surround yourself with the vibes you want to obtain. You don’t have to stop associating with people as a whole, you just have to learn how to associate with people who have the vibes you desire.

Step three: Dispose of the bad vibes

Got a few people around whose vibes just aren’t cutting it? Say bye-bye to those bad vibes and move on with your vibealicious life. 

Once you realize that a good chunk of your so-called “friends” are actually just negativity with a name, it shouldn’t be too difficult to perform this next step:Say goodbye! 

You can’t expect to improve or even maintain a healthy, positive vibe if the first face you see in the morning is that of someone who brings you down. 

Sure, you’ve been friends for years and even have matching rope bracelets. Is it really worth it to throw your entire aura and energy away for one person though? Didn’t think so. Cut. Them. Off! (The bracelets and the friend. Can never be too careful.)

Step four: Reevaluate your vibe

Now that you’ve rid yourself of the vibes that just weren’t cutting it, reassess. 

Are you now able to go on about your day without the worry of contamination by negative vibes? It may take a while to get used to being negativity-free. Every now and then, your eyes will still dart looking for those from your past who we will refrain from naming, (for your vibes’ sake), but you will recover. Like most things, it just takes time. 

Step five: Reconstruct your vibe

What vibe you want to have is always up to you and now is the time to reconstruct it. And yourself! 

If there’s ever a time when you’re unsure of your vibe, change it! You, and you alone, have the power to change yourself at any time. If you’re not feeling the vibe you’ve currently got, just change it.

And that’s it! It really is that simple! Don’t worry about what others think of your vibe, because ultimately they don’t have to live with your vibe. 

But you? You do.