Junior Grace McDonough is ready to dominate the course at the Meet of Champions as the only qualifier on her team

Photo courtesy: Londonderry Track Club
Junior Grace McDonough runs her hardest in the state meet to qualify for the Meet of Champions.

Junior Grace McDonough dominated at the girl’s cross country state meet and is advancing to the Meet of Champions. The meet takes place this Saturday November 7th at Mines Falls at Nashua High School. McDonough is more than ready to have another triumphant meet.

“Heading into the meet, I’m just really excited,” McDonough said. “In the summer and even early on in the season, we weren’t sure how much of a season we would even have, so I am so grateful that we could make it this far safely and I can’t wait to race one last time for the 2020 season.”

McDonough finished the state meet in 29th place with a very impressive time of 21:47.5. She is determined to improve upon this in her upcoming meet. 

“Following the state meet, this meet is on a much flatter course, so I’m looking forward to hopefully getting a fast time and season personal record,” McDonough said. “Since we’ve only raced on a handful of different courses this year, I am excited to see how fast I can go on a flat course surrounded with amazing competition!”

A chance to run at the Meet of Champions takes hard work and dedication. McDonough is the only girl on her team to qualify making it very rewarding and exciting.

“After training through the summer and pushing myself at practices throughout the season, it feels really good to make it this far,” McDonough said.

McDonough is very dedicated to cross country and has worked extremely hard for this moment . All her hard work is paying off as she prepares to run in the biggest race of the season. 

“Whenever I was lacking motivation, I would think to this time of the year and remind myself where I wanted to be by the end of the season, so being here just makes all that hard work worth it,” McDonough said.