What’s the best meal of the day?

The Apple Caramel French Toast winter special at Tucker’s is a popular hit.

As soon as you open your eyes, a strong scent hits your nose. The smell of fresh cooked pancakes seeps in through under the door, causing you to throw off your covers in a hurry. As you make your way downstairs, the sounds of sizzling bacon and sausage become louder and louder, accompanied by the ding! of the toaster.

There can’t be anything better than that, right?

However, you hear those whispers in the hallway about that sandwich place downtown, and how they have fantastic homemade chips. Or there’s the rumors at work about the new fancy restaurant in the city. They always talk about the amazing pasta dishes.

There’s not much better than a good meal, leading to one question to plague people for generations: what is the best meal of the day?

The answer? Breakfast.

Widely considered “the most important meal of the day,” breakfast sets up the rest of the day for everybody. Breakfast is when the body intakes most of the calories and energy needed to start the day and be productive. The first meal of the day also kick-starts the metabolism in the human body, allowing you to burn calories throughout the day.

Unlike other meals, there are actually negative side effects to skipping breakfast. According to WebMD, skipping breakfast throws off the body’s natural eating rhythm. This means you have low blood sugar and lack important vitamins. All of these help aid in function throughout the day.

Of course, this is not about why breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but why it is the best. So, what makes breakfast so good?

Breakfast is the only meal in the day where you can eat something sweet, savory, and healthy all at the same time. The sweet taste of pancakes and french toast highlight some of the best parts of the meal. The savory tastes of bacon and sausage are a crowd favorite when it comes to morning protein. And the simplistic taste of hashbrowns, oatmeal, and cereal are not to be overlooked.

[/caption]

The Tucker’s restaurant in Hooksett serves up organic and fresh food every morning. With other locations in Concord, Dover, Merrimack, New London, and soon-to-be Bedford, everyone can get their own slice of goodness.

Of course, any meal can be considered the best depending on your taste. Many people like the simplicity of lunch, and how you can essentially have anything you want depending on your mood. Then, there’s the dinnertime advocates. The rich and heavy flavors can be found nowhere else during the day. The taste of a great pasta meal, or the warmth of a well-cooked steak can only be had at a wonderful dinner.

However, it’s the versatility of breakfast that makes it stand out among the rest. The meal can be whatever you want it to be. Of course, there’s the classic breakfast foods: pancakes, bacon, cereal, and even French toast. However, there’s always the standouts for breakfast. If you’re feeling extra hungry, you can make yourself an egg sandwich. If you wake up one morning and can’t find the motivation to make something, you can eat the cold pizza from the fridge.

“Breakfast food” is a wide umbrella term that plays a huge role in what makes a traditional morning meal. Still, it’s the adaptability that makes breakfast as the standout meal of the day.

Next time you get up, and you can smell the different flavors from your bedroom, do so with a smile. There’s no bad day that starts with a good breakfast.