Pick your Poison: Masks or Vaccines?

Weigh your options… will you wear a mask or get the vaccine?

So you don’t want to wear masks when we return to school in the fall, right? Lucky for us there’s a way we could eliminate mask wearing in our schools: get the vaccine. 

Masks are put in place to protect the people around us and prevent the spread of COVID-19. As the school slowly lifts the mask mandate in a safe manner, it is important that we are as flexible as possible during this time of transition.

If you don’t want to wear a mask, but you won’t get vaccinated, what do you want? We’ve spent the last year longing for a normal school year. If we all do our part and get vaccinated, we can reach your dream of not being “suffocated” by masks. 

It’s such a simple task for such a large outcome. 

For those of you who medically can not get the vaccine, this “Public Service Announcement” is not for you. However, most of us are eligible to receive the vaccine, so please just do it. If masks are truly bothering you this much then the easiest way to fix it is to get vaccinated. Doing nothing about the issue will prolong the very thing that is bothering you. 

We all want to be able to support our friends at sports games, attend dances, and socialize in school how we used to. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but we can only reach it if everyone helps out. This pandemic isn’t going to magically end and it’s certainly not going to help if we don’t do anything about it. 

Please step up and do your part so we can return back to normal life. Get the shot to get our shot at not wearing masks next year.