Local scholarships due March 21 for seniors

Photo by Courtney Clark
The front page of the scholarship packet lists what each applicant needs to include to be considered by the organization.

For all seniors, the local scholarship packet will be due by the end of the day, Monday, March 21.

These scholarships will be presented and awarded to students in June at the annual Baccalaureate event.

The scholarship committees are anonymous and will review each application to see which candidates fit the criteria the best.

Depending on the scholarship, the student will be chosen based on GPA, school involvement, extracurricular activities, intended major, or the student’s FAFSA report. 

Each student needs to fill out an informational sheet, given to them in their scholarship packet, along with a brief essay on why they deserve the scholarship.

Although the local scholarships are due today, there are other opportunities to earn money to help with college expenses. On Naviance under the scholarship tab, students can sort through anywhere from local to national organizations that will be holding scholarship contests.

When finding scholarships outside of the school, do so on Naviance since these opportunities have been confirmed and are legitimate, unlike some scholarships you may find through a simple Google search.

For the seniors applying for the local scholarships, good luck and make sure to turn in your applications to the main guidance office by the end of the day!