LHS partners with Pizzastock: Saturday, September 17th

Photo used from the James R. Memorial Facebook page

In support of raising awareness for suicide prevention and mental health, LHS is collaborating with the Jason R. Memorial Flood Foundation to put on their annual live music event, Pizzastock. This event will feature as many as eight musical groups along with a variety of tents advertising local companies in support of the foundation. 

The Jason R. Memorial Flood foundation was established by Doug and Danielle Flood after losing their son to suicide. Their goal through putting on Pizzastock is to spread awareness for mental health and to let people know it’s okay to reach out and ask for help. They believe in “healing through music [and] connecting with community” as seen on their website.

As well as featuring various music groups, the event will also include tents advertising businesses in support of the foundation, which include YMCA of Londonderry, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Upper Room, Manchester Mental Health and more. Local theatre company, Ovation, will also be promoting their upcoming play “Masked” that focuses around mental health.

The event will be held in the Londonderry town commons on Saturday Sept.17 from 2-6 pm. In an email sent out by the LHS admin, they hope “all staff, students, and parents are able to attend” to support local bands and learn about available mental and emotional well-being resources in the area.