LHS Hall of Fame Inductee Dinner returns after hiatus

After+a+two-year+hiatus+due+to+COVID-19%2C+Lancer+Nation+brings+back+its+LHS+Hall+of+Fame+Inductee+Dinner.+
Courtesy of Crystal Rich
After a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19, Lancer Nation brings back its LHS Hall of Fame Inductee Dinner.

After a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19, Lancer Nation is bringing back the Londonderry High School Hall of Fame Dinner. The dinner is scheduled for Saturday, April 1, 2023 in the cafeteria. Doors open at 6 p.m. however dinner will be served at 6:45 p.m.

At the dinner, this year’s inductees into Londonderry High School’s Hall of Fame will be formally inducted. Following the dinner, the induction ceremony will begin at 7:30 p.m.

The following members of the Londonderry High School Community will be inducted on April 1.

Amy Brassard Oelkers:        Class of 1993

Heather Diamond:                Londonderry High School’s Yearbook Advisor 

Barbara Dion:                         Former Londonderry High School Administrative Assistant

Sharon Franks Fawcett:       Class of 1991, Londonderry High School PTSO President          

Noelle Lambert:                     Class of 2015 

Keith Lee:                                Class of 1998

Marcia Manseau:                   Founder of the Londonderry High School Field Hockey Program

Bob Slater:                              Former Londonderry High School Girls’ Lacrosse Coach 

Howard Sobolov:                   Londonderry High School Athletic Director

Suzie Swenson:                      Former Human Resources Director Londonderry School District

This event is organized by House 3 Assistant Principal (AP) Crystal Rich. Rich is the chairperson of the Londonderry Hall of Fame. She not only organizes the event, but also facilitates the nomination process. 

After two years of not having this dinner, bringing it back has been a tough task. 

“It is definitely hectic, but I have to say when the ceremony comes and you get to see all of the incredible Lancers who have done amazing things for this school, it is so rewarding,” Rich said. “It just reinvigorates why we do the things that we do. These people are just so selfless and have our Lancers best interests at heart. I think they deserve recognition for that.”

For many members of the community, being inducted into the LHS Hall of Fame is a monumental milestone in their lives, as it honors their service within the community. The news of being nominated as a Hall of Fame recipient is often met with much excitement and humility. 

“I was reviewing a page with a yearbook student staff member and Mr. Parent asked if I had a moment, which I said ‘yes’ to, and he announced that I was chosen as a Hall of Fame award recipient,” said Heather Diamond, who is the LHS Yearbook Adviser and latest Hall of Fame inductee. “It was great that I learned of this when many of the yearbook students were here in the yearbook room, and I was so surprised! Now on reflection, I am very honored to be included as a part of the LHS Hall of Fame members and to be recognized for the time I have served as the yearbook’s advisor (since the fall of 2006).

At the ceremony, inductees are given plaques, which are then hung on the wall in the main lobby. 

“There are just so many people out there who deserve recognition in our school community,” Rich said. “I really feel honored to be a part of this event. “I know a lot of people may not recognize it, but they are walking by, every day, some pretty amazing people.”