Look what you made Swifties Do, Taylor

Taylor Swift’s Movie “The Era’s Tour (Extended Version) leaves Swiftie fans excited for what’s next in her career.
Taylor+Swift+stands+proudly+in+the+middle+of+her+Lover+part+of+the+concert.+
Taylor Swift stands proudly in the middle of her “Lover” part of the concert.

As Time Magazine’s “Person of the year”, Taylor Swift gave fans a present on her birthday Dec. 13 left “swifties” listening to her music even more to prepare for the movie. 

This past May, thousands of “Swifties” were found attending “The Era’s Tour” down in Gillette, while some ventured further down South to see Swift perform. Swift gave her fans one of the greatest gifts already as everyone dressed up in movie theaters as their favorite album to see “The Era Tour Movie” in theaters. Although it wasn’t the tour itself, hanging out with friends and watching Swift perform almost the entire three-hour tour show on a big screen was the most important part. 

In late Nov., Swfities got a message from Taylor that the extended version of her movie would be released soon. Many Swifties were bothered that not every song Swift performed during her live performance was included in the movie due to the length of the film. This announcement was Taylor giving back to her fandom. 

Many Swities would argue that the extended version was better to say the least. Taylor went back and added some Swiftie favorites. For the 1989 fans “Wildest Dreams”, for the Lover fans “The Archer,” and for the Speak Now fans that don’t get enough credit, “Long Live.” A lot of “Speak Now” fans that went to see The Era’s Tour ended up seeing Taylor’s performance without playing “Long Live”. Once it got added to the set lists around halfway through the tour, all Swifties cried. 

The film begins with the iconic clock introduction. The clock starts ticking down from 00:00:13, which makes all the fans sure that this will be a movie to remember as 13 is Swift’s lucky number. The clock strikes and the only thing the audience knows is that Taylor will soon be taking the stage. They hear the introduction in the background dancers come out with the flowy attire and are soon about to give Swift her grand entrance that fans know and love. 

The scene is set Swift struts down the stage doing her interlude of Lover and “we cross this bridge together.” From there, fans get the introduction which explains how they are about to go through all the eras, and Swift starting her music career in high school, to now. All ten eras are performed at the concert, including two surprise songs that change each show, which are highly anticipated. The songs featured in the extended version are “Our Song” from her first album, Taylor Swift and “You’re on Your Own Kid” from her most recent album, Midnights.

As someone  who attended her third Gillette “The Era’s Tour” show, I enjoyed watching the concert as it brought back many memories from that night. It wasn’t because I was watching a show I had already seen. It was because the experience never leaves.