LHS takes on solar eclipses

LHS students take a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch the solar eclipse as the town is in the 97 percentile of seeing full totality.
Friends sit together to watch the Solar Eclipse to make the memories that last a lifetime. (Image created by Firefly Adobe by Kelsey Sweet)

The 2024 Solar Eclipse will be taking place April 8, starting at 2:17 pm and will last until 4:38 pm.

The Solar Eclipse is where the moon passes between the sun and Earth, making the sun lose its light.

This is not an event that you want to miss! The next full eclipse won’t take place until 2044, so take the opportunity to see this sight when you can.

Sophomore Lexi Thibodeau, shares her interest of the solar eclipse.

“I’m excited because this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience,” Thibodeau said. “It’s extra special because it is right above the town I grew up in.”

Lexi Thibodeau shares her excitement with her last period, AP US History Class. Thibodeau encourages everyone to see the eclipse.

The next solar eclipse won’t be able to be seen to its full totality by families in New England, so they are encouraged to take the opportunity while they can.

“If I wanted to see it again, I would have to go to North Dakota,” Thibodeau said. “That’s a drive.”