A quick inside look into the upcoming spring sports season

Photo courtesy of Lancer Baseball
Senior captain Anthony Pirolli will get the nod for opening day vs Spaulding on 4/11

As we patiently wait for the snow to melt, here are some highlights and information regarding the newly posted spring varsity sports rosters:

• This years baseball team is made up of 11 seniors, including the likes of captains Anthony Pirolli, Ricky Perry, Nate Sullivan, and Andy Ross. Sullivan will look to follow up his 2017 1st team all-state title as this squad’s primary shortstop. They will be travelling with head coach Brent Demas to Connecticut this weekend for their annual tournament.
  • After coming off of a historically good 2017 season, the softball team will look to pick up where they left off last year, going 18-1 on the regular season. After losing two all-state seniors from last year’s squad (Andi Nelson and Katrina Rivard), this team plans to rely on senior captain Lauren Misiaszek to will them to another successful season.
  • This years girls’ tennis team is made up of seven juniors and two sophomores. Led by coach Betty Wong-Mak, these girls have a great deal of chemistry and will look to play to their highest potential on the court this season.
  • The 2018 roster of boys’ tennis kept many familiar faces from the prior years team. The two seniors, Tyler Cullen and Ryan Leo, plan to play a big role on this years team, being named the captains of this competitive bunch.
  • Nine seniors lead the way for this years boys’ lacrosse team. Former marine and freshman lacrosse coach Roger Sampson is taking the reigns as the head of this years varsity team. Their roster also includes nine underclassmen, including standout freshmen Aidan Dennis, Jack Kester, and Isaac McCune.
  • Out of the 18 athletes on the girls’ lacrosse roster, half of them will be playing their final season at LHS this spring. Juniors Sarah Duarte, Sammy LeClair, Hannah McCutcheon, and Morgan Brutus will all be asked to take on a large role this season if the girls are poised for another winning season.