A quick inside look into the fall sports season

Photo courtesy of Keith Fletcher
Brady Hanley (8) prepares for a free kick in front of his own goal.

As we prepare for Mack Plaque weekend here is what you need to know about our teams…

• The girls’ volleyball team is made up of four seniors, one junior, three sophomores, and two freshman. Interestingly enough, there are two sets of siblings on the roster (Anna & Laura Hass and Kelsey and Maddie Sanborn).
  • The field hockey team has 25 members on the rosters, 13 of which are seniors. Led by coach Nichole Treadway, this group is looking to use their experience and toughness this weekend.
  • Coach Dan Grant will be leading the golf team in their Mack Plaque matchup this Wednesday. Captain Brian Boyle is averaging in the high 30’s per nine holes, and will look to keep good going representing the Lancers as the one seed.
  • The cheerleading squad is made up of 19 athletes from varying grades. Seniors Katie Hughes, Erin Leonard, Kaylee Rowan, and Jayden Stack are looking to put together a sound final performance against Pinkerton.
  • The boys’ cross country team has a lot of potential this season. Coach Matt Smith is leading a group of 31 racers, 12 of which are freshman. Sophomore Matt Griffin came in eighth place with an average mile time of 5:14.9 at this past Saturday’s Nashua invite.
  • The girls’ cross country team is young and exciting. This group is led by three seniors (Emily Hatem, Ashley Lynch, and Kaelyn Rourke) and five juniors, including Caitlin Boufford who placed in the top 20 in last Saturday’s meet at Nashua with an average mile time of 6:35.4.
  • The boys’ soccer team is dominated with 16 upperclassmen, many of which are returning from last year’s squad. Led by coach Todd Ellis, this team is hungry and plans to leave it all on the field Saturday afternoon.
  • Coach Derek Dane will be leading the girls’ soccer team into this weekends Mack Plaque matchup. This team is almost entirely made up of juniors, but the two seniors (Bella Cossette and Sammy Leclair) plan to play a big role on Saturday.
  • The football team is having a season to remember early on, with quarterback Evan Cormier under center having a spectacular comeback season. Head coach Jimmy Lauzon will be leading a strong team ready to shock the Astros Friday night.