Girls’ soccer looks to bring home hardware after dominating season

On Thursday night, girls varsity soccer took on Bedford in a down to the wire match. The battle between the two teams went into double overtime, elevating the excitement of the game after each minute of extra time. The Lancers were to overcome the Bulldogs in a penalty kick shootout, winning 5-4. Although the Lancers are now on a one way path to the division 1 state championship, there is still stuff that they need to work on.

“There is always room for improvement and I think our team needs to work better with communication on the field and getting our bodies on crosses across the box,” senior captain Bella Cossette said. “Working together and not getting distracted from our goal will help give us an edge going into the next game.”

Win or lose going into the next game, the Lancers have already made a statement this season in a big way. The Lancers lost early in the quarterfinals of the playoffs last year, but this year the team came back hungry and ready to title chase.

“We lost last year in the quarter finals against Exeter. It was a tough game and some mistakes were made but we came back wanting to win this season,” Cossette said. “Compared to last year, I feel as though we are more motivated and connected as a team and we are confident in ourselves and our teammates.”

Win or lose going into the next game, the Lancers have already clinched a spot in the Division 1 title game that will be played on Sun. at 2:00 p.m. at Stellos Stadium.