ID policy: The Lancer Spirit wants to hear from YOU

Dear LHS teachers and students,

The Lancer Spirit editorial board is gathering information on how the new ID policy has affected YOU.  We are in the midst of writing an article on the new policy and would like to have an authentic understanding of how students and teachers across a wide spectrum feel about it.

This is your opportunity to have your voice heard on this matter, so let us know how you feel.  

WHAT TO DO:

In the comments section below, please tell us about any experiences (good or bad!) you’ve had and/or write your thoughts and opinions regarding the ID policy.

NOTE:

• Your comments will not be published on this page because we want to hold them for the upcoming article.
  • Please know your full comment or excerpts of your comment may be used at a later date.
  • We reserve the right to not use your comment or to edit it for grammar and clarity.
  • Please keep in mind your comments may not be considered if they have vulgarity or misinformation in them, or if they are inappropriate to our audience.
  • Please state your name and grade within the comment, so we can contact you if necessary.

Thank you for your help.  We hope to hear from a variety of students and teachers.

Sincerely,

The Lancer Spirit Editorial Board

3 Comments

3 Responses to “ID policy: The Lancer Spirit wants to hear from YOU”

1. Molly Norton on November 28th, 2018 2:42 pm

Personally not a fan of the whole thing, they aren’t really enforced at all and are just a nuisance when trying to buy food in the cafe.Also don’t think the teachers have even been giving out detentions or really care if we wear them or not.

2. Sierra Sessa on November 28th, 2018 3:04 pm

Personally, I think the IDS are extremely annoying. So why do they enforce it? I left my ID in my car, on accident, walking from main lot to my car. It was pouring and all I wanted to do was run inside, I didn’t bother to check if it was on my bag or not. Before entering the building, I was stopped at the doors and told I had to go back to my car to get it. So I tricked angrily through the doors to get a stupid ID. And for what? I’ve had no teachers once ask to see it during class or in the hallway, so it seems most of the staff don’t care if you have it on inside the building or not. So why was it so important for me to run through the rain to grab an ID, to not have it checked a single time after that. I’m a senior at this high school, and since I’m not used to it I often leave my ID, even going to the bathroom. Withthis new rule I can still go to the bathroom, or grab lunch like I did all the years before, without a single person questioning that I haven’t had an ID. So yes, I think it’s ridiculous to be forced to run back to my car, and wear this all day long for absolutely no one after 715 in the morning to give a crap!

3. Tyler Wilbur on November 28th, 2018 3:32 pm

I had it on my bag for the first few days and I dropped it in my car and haven’t bothered to grab it for like two weeks so I don’t think anything has really changed in the school

• ID policy: The Lancer Spirit wants to hear from YOU

FEATURES

New multimedia class inspires students to explore creative outlets

NEWS

Bringing mental health issues out from the shadows one word, one ‘Sign,’ one fact at a time.

Health

How to make crisp tortilla chips at home

Creative Writing

It’s Cold

OPINION

How the other half loves

LIFESTYLE

Moose Hill kindergartners share what they love best about Valentine’s Day

Creative Writing

The First Valentine

SPORTS

Berube makes it official on signing day

NEWS

Join the class of 2020 ice skating

FEATURES

Meet the Master of Dungeons. A Creator of Worlds. A Fantasy Writer Extraordinaire.

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com