Boys’ track to compete at NHIAA Division 1 Championship this weekend

Photo courtesy of Patrick Hagearty
Hagearty winds up and prepares to hurl the discus down field.

With the spring sports winding down, boys track will be competing in the NHIAA Division 1 championship this Friday, May 24th. The event will take place at the University of New Hampshire track with events beginning at 4:00 pm.

The first competitions will be field events. Reigning Mr. LHS and discus champion, Patrick Hagearty will be competing in the shotput and discus competitions. Zach Chau will represent Londonderry in the javelin competition.

At 5:00, the 4×800 relay will take place and feature Kyle Hoglund, Ryan Young, Kerry Daley, and Will Heenan. Afterwards, Justin Cassidy will be competing in the dash trials and later on the 100m.

Matt Griffin, Kyle Hoglund, and Ryan Young will run the 1600m. The 4×100 relay team will compete with Jake “Huncho” Holland, Damon MacLeod, Justin Cassidy, and Khalique Bagley. Macleod will run the 300m hurdles, and Justin Cassidy and Khalique Bagley will look to win the 200m. The 4×400 relay will feature Matt Griffin, Kerry Daley, Justin Cassidy, and Damon MacLeod.

This is an NHIAA event meaning that there will be a cost for entry: $5 for students/seniors and $7 for adults. Good luck to all the boys that will be looking the bring home hardware for the Lancers.