Boy’s soccer prepared to take on Central High head on in playoff game

C.OLOUGHLIN
Hunter Smith running towards the ball in game against Pinkerton.

Boy’s soccer heads into their prelim game versus Manchester Central with high hopes and a near pristine record of 9-1-1.

Senior Hunter Smith has lofty goals for himself and his team going into this game. With the pressure soaring the boys are prepared for a battle.

“We’re excited and sure that we can come out on top against Central as long as we defend well as a team and move the ball,” Smith said.

The boys have a tight bond that has helped lead them to success this season. 

“Our biggest strength is our chemistry, with thirteen seniors and strong returning underclassmen. Many of us have been playing together since youth soccer,” Smith said.

They also tribute their success to the combined work ethic and trust the team has in each other.

“Our success is a combination of our hard work during training, experienced coaching, and confidence in each other,” Smith said.

Playing during the current circumstances is special to the team and they are prepared to make the most out of this opportunity.

“We’re very grateful to have a season this year and are ready to make a strong push through the playoffs,” Smith said.