Boys Basketball to take on BG in Semifinals

Provided by Brian Gould
Boys Basketball is set to take on the number four seed Bishop Guertin.

After finishing the regular season with a losing record of 6-7, locking up the one seed was certainly not an expectation for the boys basketball team. Now following two playoff wins, the team is headed to the semifinals against a tough BG squad.

Aided by the seeding being picked out of a hat due to covid, peaking at the right time has been key for this postseason run. 

“I firmly believe that we still haven’t reached our peak as a team yet, and with these next upcoming games we will be peaking at the ideal time,” senior forward, Brian Gould said.

Following two commanding wins, Londonderry is still seen as an underdog by teams around the state.

“I still believe teams are taking us lightly even after these playoff wins, the entire league is overlooking our team and we are ready to continue proving everyone wrong,” Gould said.

The team has really adopted a culture of team chemistry and it has payed dividends this season. Each player can contribute on any given night and this has sparked quite the playoff run.

With big wins against Pinkerton and Timberlane, it appears this squad will not slow down any time soon.

“I don’t see anyone stopping us from winning, we will outwork any team in the league, no matter who they are or what their record is, we are determined to win it all,” Gould said.