Girls soccer to play in Final Four on Thursday

Junior+Kenzie+Donovan+scores+the+game+winning+goal+to+put+the+girls+in+to+the+final+four+
Photo by Shea Robinson
Junior Kenzie Donovan scores the game winning goal to put the girls in to the final four

The girls varsity soccer team pulled out a 1-0 win yesterday in their quarter final game against Concord.  The girls are currently in third in the playoffs and they are hoping to make it all the way to the championship game.

The girls had a total of 18 shots against Concord’s keeper and luckily put one in the net with 13 minutes left to play.

Kenzie Donovan scored the only goal for the girls yesterday.

“It was a really hard and physical game, but I’m glad we managed to win in the end,” sophomore Erin Barnes said.

Concord played a very physical style against the girls yesterday. Senior captain Jackie Luckhardt made only five saves to keep Concord off the scoreboard.

“I’m really relieved and excited because we are now one step closer to the championship,” Luckhardt said.

The girls are now in the Final Four and move on to play Central on Thurs. Nov., 5 at 4:00 at Stellos Stadium in Nashua.