LHS Community Service Club to host their second annual ‘LHS Walks for ALS’ on 10/23

Photo courtesy of LHS Community Service Instagram
LHS Community Service Club to host their second annual “LHS Walks for ALS” in association with the ALS Association on October, 23, 2022.

The LHS Community Service Club is partnering with the ALS Association to host its second annual “LHS Walks for ALS” on Sunday, October 23 from 9:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m. at the LHS track. 

There is no rain date, so be prepared to walk rain or shine. 

President of Community Service, Senior Bella Elguezabal will be the student speaker at the event, followed by Community Service Club co-advisor Mrs. Giguere, and the keynote speaker, Nicholas Marold, manager of Community Engagement and Events for the ALS Association. After the speakers deliver their speeches, the walk will commence. 

The walk will take place on the LHS Track. Attendees are welcome to walk for as long as they would like. There is no distance or time thresholds that must be met in order to attend. 

There will be banners and signs with people from the community to honor those who have been or were affected by ALS. 

In addition, there will be a place to purchase tickets for a chance to win from a long list of donated high value raffle prizes (click here for list). 

Raffle tickets are available for purchase during all lunches from October 17- October 21, 2022. Be sure to write both your first and last name, as well as a method of contact in case you are unable to make it to the walk where the tickets will be drawn. Tickets are 50 cents each for student. For teachers, prices are as follows: $1for each ticket, six tickets for $5, 15 tickets for $10, and 30 tickets for $20. All proceeds will go directly to the ALS Association. 

On the day of the walk, the last call for ticket purchase will be at 10:15 and raffle drawing will begin at 10:30. 

Admission to the walk is free, however, cash donations are welcome!