LHS Winter Track runs to support the Shurtleffs

LHS+Winter+Track+hosts+a+fundraiser+to+support+the+Shurtleff+family+following+Mrs.+Shurtleffs+recent+leukemia+diagnosis.+
Photo courtesy of Andrew Macpherson
LHS Winter Track hosts a fundraiser to support the Shurtleff family following Mrs. Shurtleff’s recent leukemia diagnosis.

The LHS Winter Track and Field team is hosting a “Run, Jump, Throw-Athon” to help support Consumer and Family Science teacher Shannon Shurtleff, who was recently diagnosed with leukemia. The objective of the fundraiser is to help cover costs which are not covered by insurance, including gas and babysitting.

The fundraiser will officially begin on Friday, Dec. 9, when Winter Track athletes will ask students and staff to pledge or donate. The athletes will then either run laps, throw shot put, or long jump and will ask for a pledge or donation of a specific amount per lap or per foot. 

Students, staff, and members of the community alike are also able to make a pledge or one-time donation on the reverse side of the fundraiser fliers. Fliers can be found with either Winter Track athletes or in Winter Track and Field Coach Suzanne Johnson’s classroom in Room 308. Cash donations and checks are accepted. If you would like to donate to the fundraiser using a check, please be sure to make the check out to “Londonderry High School. Donations will be collected from Monday, Dec. 12 to Friday, Dec. 16.

According to the fundraiser’s flier, if the Winter Track athletes are able to raise 500 dollars, an anonymous donor has pledged to match that amount. 

For any questions you may have regarding this fundraiser, please email LHS Winter Track and Field Coach and Civics teacher Suzanne Johnson at [email protected]