Life of a Lancer policy a success at LHS

June Cranmer
Life of a Lancer banner hangs in Mrs. Richs’ classroom.

The Life of a Lancer policy was implemented last year by LHS English teacher, Mrs. Rich and the Athletic Leadership Council, and this past semester was the first full term without a single violation by an athlete.

The policy states that if an athlete or member of an extracurricular is caught using any type of illegal substance or alcohol, they will be suspended from their sport or club. If they are caught violating these rules the first punishment will be a suspension from their activity for 20 days. The policy prior to this was only implemented for athletes in season and the punishment was suspension for 180 days.

“People are taking a lot of pride in our school and themselves as both athletes and students,” Rich said. “I hope to see this amazing progress continue with our students and athletes this upcoming semester.”

With Life of a Lancer, if an athlete signs the contract in the fall, regardless of whether or not they play another sport for the rest of the year, the athlete is on contract for as long as they are in school. An athlete or student who signs this contract will be suspended for 20 days regardless of whether or not they are currently participating in their activity.