Boys’ lacrosse face Exeter in today’s playoff game

Photo courtesy of Dom Federico

The boys’ lacrosse team surged at the end of their season, winning seven out of their last eight games and are now on a six-game winning streak heading into the playoffs.

“We are coming into the playoffs with a lot of confidence,” said junior attack Sean Snyder. “We have an ideal playoff spot going against Exeter.”

imagePhoto courtesy of Dom Federico
The boys finished sixth in DI, finishing with an 11-7 record and will face the no. 3 seed Exeter High School. The boys did lose twice to the Blue Hawks, but Snyder believes that things will change in the playoffs.

“We only lost to them by a couple of goals in our two games against them,” Snyder said. “There’s no way they can beat us three times.”

That second lost to Exeter left the boys at a 5-7 record and suddenly, they needed to fight for a playoff spot.

According to Snyder, they had a serious talk to try and figure things out with their play.

“After our team meeting, we knew what we had to do to make playoffs,” Snyder said. “It was the turning point in our season.”

It surely was for the boys, as they rattled off six straight wins and now are looking to continue their winning streak into the playoffs. They will need to continue to get production out of their top players in the upcoming games.

These players include senior attack Dave Wiedenfield, senior defenseman Nick Donnelly, junior goalie Alex Fawcett and junior midfielder Peter Navarro.

“Fawcett has been a solid keeper for us all year,” Snyder said. “Peter and Dave have been good offensively, and Nick has been a lock down defenseman.”

The boys’ lacrosse team will face Exeter High School Saturday at 2:30pm in Exeter.

imagePhoto courtesy of Dom Federico