ALC revives Hall of Fame

ALC revives Hall of Fame

The Athletic Leadership Council, or ALC, under the guidance of adviser Mrs. Rich, is in the process of bringing back the Hall of Fame, which has been out of commission for 20 years, to recognize alumni, staff and community members who have made a lasting impact on LHS and the town of Londonderry.

“Seeing the plaques, the faces of those who came before them, and finally being able to understand where our school started will be surreal for just about anyone,” two-year ALC member senior Erika Tsetsilas said. “Not just students, but people who have been at LHS for years and years will be happy to see that the people [who] deserved recognition for their contributions to our school are finally getting it.”

Tsetsilas and the ALC hope to instill a sense of appreciation in the student body for the legacy of service to which they are contributing every day.

“I think that students, myself included, take for granted the amazing opportunities we get here at LHS,” Tsetsilas said. “Being able to see all of the people who gave us these opportunities will be huge.”

The plan is to relocate the Hall of Fame from the middle 100’s hallway to the lobby. A small plaque for each new inductee will add to the 100+ others who are already members in order to commemorate each person’s contribution. With each year, additional plaques will be added to the wall as new inductees are recognized.

With the reformatting and revival of the Hall of Fame, new members will be nominated and elected this year. The Hall of Fame selection committee – comprised of students, teachers, and community members – is currently reviewing nomination forms and will be making their selections shortly.

“We’ve had quite a few nominations come in,” Rich said. “It’s been a broad spectrum of people. Former students, former faculty members, community members.  Every area is covered.

At this time Rich does not know how many members will be added to the Hall of Fame this year, but the criteria for nomination ensures that membership is granted to those most deserving. Those elected will be recognized at a Hall of Fame dinner at the end of November.

Nomination and Acceptance into the Hall of FameCurrent and former students, community members, and staff may nominate students (alumni of at least five years), community members, and staff (past or present) through an application.

Election into the Hall of Fame: Nominees will be chosen with total consensus from the Hall of Fame Selection Committee and will be informed of their election into the Hall of Fame via letter.

There is no set limit on the number of candidates elected into the Hall of Fame. If an application is not selected, it will remain in the pool of possible candidates for future consideration.