Spring Preview: Boys’ Lacrosse

Snyder+celebrates+a+goal+for+the+Lancers+in+a+game+last+season.+Snyder+will+lead+the+team+this+year+as+one+of+three+captains.+
Photo courtesy of Sean Snyder
Snyder celebrates a goal for the Lancers in a game last season. Snyder will lead the team this year as one of three captains.

Coming off of a back and forth 10-10 regular season followed by a first round playoff exit last spring, the boys lacrosse team has set higher expectations for themselves as individuals, and for the team as a whole.

Graduating 14 seniors last June, the Lancer squad has filled the void with 14 seniors, five juniors, eight sophomores, and three freshman rounding out the team for 2017 season. With years of experience and a handful of college commits, four year varsity Senior Peter Navarro believes the team can make a deep run into the playoffs.

“Experience will help us a lot in the long run of the season. Everyone is very excited to get rolling this season and being a senior driven team, I know all of them will be giving everything they got, and I think we have a good shot at a great season,” Navarro said.

Navarro, senior Sean Snyder, and senior goaltender Alex Fawcett will be standout players to watch this season.

“My goal for this lacrosse season is a state championship.” Navarro said, “This is the best group of guys I’ve ever played with throughout my years of high school. I think we have a really good chance of making a run for the title.”

The Lancer’s first game is at Salem High School next Monday, April 10 at 4:00.