How to make the most of parent-teacher conferences on Friday

Sean Cavanaugh, News Editor

Parent Teacher Conferences for the high school will be on Friday, November 17, 2017. This means a day off for students, but not for the teachers.

Parent teacher conferences is not required for high-schoolers, but if parents want to talk to a certain teacher, Friday is the day they can talk face-to- face with them.

There are no appointments, but just walk-in visits to the teachers you’d like to talk with.  If there is a long line for a particular teacher, you may want to visit another teacher on your list, then come back to see if the original teacher is available at a later time.

To make sure all parents get to see as many teachers as possible, Mr. Parent recommends parents talk to each teacher for a maximum of 15 minutes.

The  teachers will be available for conferences between the hours of 7:00 am and 2:00 pm. They will be taking their lunch time in two shifts in order for parents to be able to see teachers throughout the day. Phases 1, 2 and 3 (Rooms in the 100’s, 200’s and 300’s) will have lunch from 11:00 to 11:30 and Phases 4, 5, & 6 (Rooms in the 400’s, 500’s, 600’s and the Gym) will take their lunch from 11:30 to noon.  

Below is a map to help you navigate the school: