LHS Math Team

LHS Math Team
Photo curtsy of Mr. Wenger

Londonderry High School’s very own math team smashed the annual Portsmouth competition, landing in an honorable second place, on May 2 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This six round competition consisted of five individual rounds and one team round. You pick the rounds you want to compete in. Each individual round is a certain subject. The subjects can include Arithmetic (Number Theory), Circles, Logarithms, Probability, and Systems of Linear Equations.

Then the final round is five problems, one from each category. The more problems you get right the more points you receive, with every correct answer being three points. Londonderry finished the meet with 132 points, and earned second place.

The LHS math team advisor, Mr. Wenger, had a few words about the season, and more.

“In all it was a very good year!” Wenger said. “Many thanks and good luck to our seniors!  We will miss them dearly and look forward to hearing all about their college experiences!”

On June 2, kids from Londonderry High School competed at Penn State University in the American Regions Mathematics League. Seniors Richard Chen, Joseph Islam, Erica Mohr, and freshman Alexandria Hodson all partisapated in the competition.