Boy’s baseball excited for playoff run

Courtesy of @lhslancer_baseball on Instagram

Boy’s baseball is back after their championship win in 2019. The Lancers have proven themselves again this season with a winning record of 14-3. Due to the pandemic, seeding was chosen at random putting the boys as the first seed. After a first round bye, they’re heading to the prelims on Thursday, June 3 at 4 pm.  

Senior Gavin Parent is excited to be back on the field after the loss of his junior season. With the team “on the rise,” Parent has high hopes for the playoffs.

“It feels fantastic to be able to play again especially after our season being denied last year,” Parent said. “It also feels great to be back after winning it all last year and we have a great shot to win it again this year.”

Head coach Brent Demas is thankful to have his team back together after a tough year. 

“It is difficult to explain,” Demas said. “Losing a full season is something I hope never happens again, but it has made us all appreciate the game that much more.”

“It is difficult to explain,” Demas said. “Losing a full season is something I hope never happens again, but it has made us all appreciate the game that much more.

— Demas

Coming off of a championship win two years ago, the boys are determined to win it all again. With one goal in mind, they’re working hard everyday to achieve it. 

“Our ultimate goal is to win the state championship again,” Parent said. “We have a great team with a lot of talent and chemistry and we’re just taking it one game at a time.”

Demas has faith that his team will do well in the playoffs once again this year. With their impressive record and success as a team, the boys are in a great place to start the playoffs.

“The season has been very successful from many standpoints,” Demas said. “We have a very good record, but we are also playing consistently well going into the playoffs next week.”

The Lancer’s know what has to be fixed to better their chances of winning another title. With these corrections and their talent, Parent sees a strong playoff run in their future. 

“Our defense has been a bit of a struggle, but we’re improving every day and filling in some holes,” Parent said. “If we continue to get the work done offensively as well as defensively then I love our chances of repeating as state champions again.”