Requesting the help of Lancer Nation: support Mrs. Young’s fearless feat

Business and Accounting teacher, Mrs. Young, has overcome many obstacles in the past year but she is now seeking help from Lancer Nation for assistance with one final challenge.

In May of 2015, Young was told the words “you have cancer” and immediately began her fight against the disease, constantly in and out of doctors offices and therapy sessions. In less than a year’s time Young has been deemed cancer-free, but her battle with cancer is far from over.

Young, accompanied by her husband and two close friends, will participate in the Avon 39 Walk to End Breast Cancer this July. The two-day event will cover 39.3 miles of Boston roads and will pay a physical toll on the participants, though no pain can be compared to what breast cancer patients and survivors have already been through.

In order for Young and her team, Karen’s Crew, to participate in the Avon 39 walk, the team needs to raise a minimum of $7,200 in donations.

This is where Lancer Nation can step in.

Through the end of the school year, students, staff, and faculty can bring in cash donations – however small – to Mrs. Young in room 412 to assist her in her fundraising endeavors.

The Lancer Spirit is also encouraging attendees of this year’s Mr. LHS performance to purchase a bracelet along with their tickets for the show. In addition, we will hold a ‘Miracle Minute’ in which the staff will collect as much change from the audience as possible in 60 seconds. The proceeds from the bracelet sale and the ‘Miracle Minute’ will directly support Young and Karen’s Crew.

Teachers like Mrs. Young are hard to come by and it’s our duty as Lancers to lend a helping hand when someone in Lancer Nation is in need.

Click the link below to access Young’s team page and donate online.

http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/karens_crew