Community Service club hosts school-wide clothing, toy drive

Community Service Club (CSC) members are hoping that when students clean out their closets this fall, they’ll take a few moments to gather any gently-used clothing or toys and donate them as part of CSC’s school-wide clothing and toy drive.

Throughout the month of October, there will be donation bins located in the main lobby for students to donate good quality toys and clothes for infants, children and teenagers.

They are especially hoping to receive an abundance of winter coats to pass along to families in need.

“Donating even one coat means you can keep a child warm for the entire winter,” said Lindsey Guenther, Community Service Vice President and organizer of the drive.

The donated items will go to Londonderry resident Liz Neville, who gathers donations all year-round and stores them in her garage. She then sends the collections to churches and charities in the Greater Derry area.

She also hosts a toy sale during which she sells donated toys for less money than they would cost in a store. Neville then donates the money to the food pantry.

“Community Service Club is always looking for anything we can do to benefit the community beyond just volunteer hours,” Guenther said. “We are glad to have made this donation drive happen, and we hope it is a success.”