Remote learning extended until end of school year

Governor+Chris+Sununu+talks+about+his+plans+for+Remote+Learning+at+a+press+conference.+
Governor Chris Sununu talks about his plans for Remote Learning at a press conference.

According to an email sent from Superintendent Mr. LaLiberte, Governor Chris Sununu has just announced he will be extending remote learning through the end of the school year for all schools in New Hampshire.

In the email, LaLiberte wrote, “As has been said many times, these are truly unprecedented circumstances, and I appreciate the patience and support of all the members of the Londonderry community as we attempt to carry out the work of educating our young people. There are times where we are all frustrated by our circumstances, but we move on knowing that what we are doing is necessary to insure the health and wellbeing of us all.”

Also included in the email was that the Londonderry School Board decided Remote Learning will continue for three days of April Vacation week. There will be vacation time on Monday, April 27 and Friday, May 1, so Remote Learning will be from Tuesday, April 28 through Thursday, April 30.

Due to these changes in April break, the school year will be shortened by three school days; the last day for students is Wednesday, June 10 and the last day for teachers is Thursday, June 11.