Upcoming winter spirit week days 12/20-12/23

photo courtesy of @stucolhs2021 on Instagram
LHS 2021 Winter Spirit Week schedule.

Updated as of 9:50 p.m. on Monday, December 20, 2021

**Guidelines for Wednesday’s “Anything But a Backpack Day” have been announced by Mr. Parent

As winter break approaches, LHS is getting ready to spread holiday cheer and introduce the winter season Varsity sports teams at the annual Winter Pep Rally.

LHS’s Executive Council, composed of Student Council board members and each class’s Class Officers voted for the upcoming winter spirit week days.

This year’s winter spirit week days are primarily holiday-themed with the new addition of a certain viral trend on social media. 

To show your school spirit, participate in the following days:

Monday: Pajama Day

Get out your bathrobes and pajama pants!

Tuesday: Color Competition Day

Seniors and juniors will wear red and green, while sophomores and freshmen wear blue and white clothing. Upperclassmen will compete with underclassmen to see who has the most spirit!

**Wednesday: Anything But a Backpack Day

This day is a new addition to spirit week here at LHS. Those who plan on participating would use anything to carry the contents of their backpack without actually using a backpack. For example, students can use (not limited to) baskets, boxes, containers, suitcases as a replacement for a traditional backpack.  **Any items used to participate must adhere to Mr. Parent’s guidelines: Students must be able to carry whatever they bring and are prohibited from bringing an item which rolls (ex. suitcase or shopping carts). 

Thursday: Ugly sweater/ Holiday attire

Instead of the traditional school colors of red, white, blue, and black for the Winter Pep Rally, the Executive Council voted for the student body to wear ugly holiday sweaters and or holiday attire to spread holiday cheer one last time before the start of winter break. 

Be sure to check out the Lancer Spirit after each spirit day for photos of some of the best dressed and most spirited students of that day!